Tourism and Marketing Assistant
Employer: Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau (Pittsburg, KS)
Post Date: 11/10/2017
Compensation: Full-time, Salary
About the CVB: The mission of the Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau is to promote travel and tourism in Crawford County through conventions, conferences, sporting events, and general tourism. The CVB utilizes attractions, facilities, and accommodations to promote travel and economic growth in Crawford County.
Description: The Tourism and Marketing Assistant will promote Crawford County, Kansas as a tourism and meeting destination. This position will be responsible for the management of information on the CVB web site and social media accounts, marketing of events and activities, and the coordination of informational materials pertinent to Crawford County. Other duties include providing support and event assistance to the Executive Director of the Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Assisting with daily tourism operations of the Convention and Visitors Bureau; marketing activities to enhance the County’s image as a destination for conventions, meetings, business and leisure travel, sporting tournaments, tours, and other events.
- Maintaining the CVB web site by ensuring appropriate and time sensitive information is compiled and posted to the site, as well as exploring creative opportunities to enhance the CVB’s online presence. Organizing, monitoring, and populating the County’s visitor targeted social networking sites, blogs, and other Internet marketing resources.
- Management, distribution, and tracking of marketing collateral inventory
- Event coordination including planning, onsite execution, and post-event reporting.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed files pertinent to tourism in the region, including but not limited to administrative information, media files, client files, partner files, prospective conventions, conferences, tour groups, sports groups, and hotel business.
- Answers phone calls, emails, letters, and assist visitors in a professional manner by providing accurate and useful information with the ability to resolve problems or refer inquires to the correct contact.
- Other duties as assigned include special projects and providing marketing and general support to the Executive Director of the Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Successful candidates will have a background in web site and social media marketing, public relations, and demonstrated the ability to work with various groups, including government entities. Candidate will be required to attend extended out of town meetings and work some weekends. Two year associates degree required in public relations, business administration, communication, marketing or related field. A four year degree is preferred. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Devin Gorman at P.O. Box 1115, Pittsburg, Kansas 66762, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org